Nanoclays - Uptake

The inhalation of nanoclays causes only minimal and temporary lung damage.

There are currently no valid study results for the absorption via the skin.

For ingestion, no human or in vitro studies have been carried out. However, it could be shown that the addition of nanoclays to feed prevents the absorption of aflatoxins (naturally occurring fungi) from this.

There are few data on the risk nanoclays pose for animals and the environment. Nanoclays may be toxic for unicellular organisms.


Cookies make it easier for us to provide you with our services. With the usage of our services you permit us to use cookies.